1. Limits to artificial selection. W.K.Al-Murrani, A.B. A. 42:587-592(1974).*
2. Genetic Variation in a line of mice selected to its limit for high body weight. W.K.Al-Murrani & R.C.Roberts, British J. for Animal Prod. 19:273-289 (1974).*
3. Some studies on vegetable matter and chemical properties of Iraqi wool. W.K.Al-Murrani, Iraqi J. Agric. Sci., Vol. (10), (1975).*
4. A study on carcass characteristics of two Jenubi crosses. F.I. Dessouky, W. K. Al-Murrani, A. Y. Lotfi, S N. Singh, M. H. Al-Salman. Technical Rep. No. 13, FAO (1976).*
5. A Preliminary study on Charolais X Jenubi crosses W.K. Al-Murrani, F.I. Dessouky, M. M. Hussain, S.M. Kassir, Iraqi J. Agric Sci., Vol. XXI: 3-11 (1976).*
6. Incidence of Coliform bacteria in milk and products Baghdad area. A. M. Ashmawy , A.Y. Lotfi, A. M. Abdul Karim, W. K. Al-Murrani. The Iraqi J. Vet. Med., Vol. 1 (1977).
7. Maternal effects on embryonic and post- embryonic growth in poultry. W. K. Al- Murrani, British Poultry Science. 19: 277-281 (1978).*
8. Some etiological aspects of peptic ulcer in Iraqi population. I. Bahraini, Z. Bahraini, W. K. Al-Murrani, J. Fac. Med., Baghdad, Vol. 20,No. 1:30-37 (1978).*
9. Smoking behavior among medical students in the University of Baghdad. T. Al-Saleem, G. Botrous , W. K. Al-Murrani, J. Fac. Med., Baghdad, Vol. 20, No. 1:4-8 (1978).*
10. Twinning in Iraqi population and the significance of a family with high twinning rate. W. K. Al-Murrani, Iraqi Med. J., Vol. 26, No. 1 & 2 (1978).*
11. The effect of inbreeding on male fertility in mice. W. K. Al-Murrani & H. Al-Sam. 14th Internat. Cong. of Genetics, Moscow (1978).*
12. The performance of Imported, Iraqi born and crossbred Friesian on a state farm in Baghdad. W. K. Al-Murrani, 14 Internal. Cong. on Genetics, Moscow (1978); Iraqi J. Vet. Med. Vol. 4: 25-37 (1980).*
13. Maternal effect on body weight in mice selected for Large and Small sizes. W.K. Al-Murrani & R.C. Roberts. Genetical Research, 32: (1978).*
14. Some observations on the breeding season of Awassi breed in Iraq .R. M. Al-Wahab, W. K. Al-Murrani & J.E. Al-Kass. World Review of Animal Production, Vol. XVIII, No. 3: 57-63 (1982).*
15. Incidence of bovine Cysticercosis in Iraq and its impact on meat borne helmenthic zoo noses. A. Y. Lotfi, W.K. Al-Murrani, A. M. Al-Ashmawy. Iraqi Med . J. No. 2 &, Vol. 24: 56-59 (1976).
16. Association between Potassium and Hemoglobin type with production and reproduction in Iraqi Awassi sheep. W. K. Al-Murrani & S.H. Al-Samarraee. Proc. of the World Cong.on Sheep and Beef Cattle Breeding. Vol. 1:449-454 (1982).*
17. Animal Management (textbook in Arabic).W. K. Al-Murrani, A.K.A. Abdul Karim, R.M. Al-Wahab (1980). (In Arabic) Pub. University of Baghdad.
18. Introduction to Quantitative Genetics. Translated from D. S. Falconer (Introduction to Quantitative Genetics). W. K. Al-Murrani (1981). (In Arabic) Pub. University of Baghdad.
19. Some fertility aspects of Arabian horses in Iraq. W.K. Al-Murrani & A. J. Rashid. 2nd World Cong.on Genetics applied to livestock production. Madrid, Spain (1982):543-551.*
20. Effect of Injecting Amino Acids into the Egg on Embryonic and Subsequent Growth in the Domestic Fowl. W. K. Al-Murrani. British Poultry Sci., 23: 171-174 (1982).*
21. The Arabic Agric. Dictionary (16 volumes, in Arabic, English and French). Published by AOAD Khartoum. Al-Murrani, W. K. (Team leader – 1982- 1988).*
22. Principles of Statistics. Al-Mohammed N. T. A. Younis, W. K. Al-Murrani. Baghdad University Press (1986) (in Arabic).
23. A comprehensive study on cattle breeds in the Arab World and prospects of Improvement (1983). Al-Murrani, W. K. (Joint author). Published by AOAD Khartoum.
24. Cattle Breeding Policy in Somalia. Published by AOAD (in English). Al-Murrani, W. K. (joint author) (1984).*
25. Genetics of Disease Resistance in Poultry. W. K. Al-Murrani, J. Agric. & Development in the Arab World. Vol. 2, part (1983).
26. Genetics of Some Infertility Problems in Dairy Cattle. W. K. Al-Murrani, J. Agric. & Dev. In the Arab World, Vol. 3, part 1 (1984).
27. Dairy Cattle Structure and Prospects of Improvement in Morocco. W.K. Al-Murrani J. Agric & Dev. In the Arab world. Vol. 2, part 4 (1984).
28. Sheep Production Program for Farmer Cooperatives. W. K. Al-Murrani, J. Agric. & Dev. In the Arab World. Vol. 3, part 3 (1984).
29. Prospects of Sheep and Goat Improvement in the Arab World. W. K. Al-Murrani. Inter. Cong. of Animal Prod. In Arid Zones, Syria, 1985. J. Agric & Dev. In the Arab World, Vol. 5 part 6 (1985).
30. Economic and Feasibility Study for Establishing an Integrated project for Dairy Production in Somalia. W. K. Al-Murrani, J. Agric. & Dev. In the Arab World, Vol. 4, part 2 (1985).
31. The Economic and Nutritional Values of Animal Production in the Arab World. W.K. Al-Murrani, J. Agric & Dev. In the Arab World. Vol. 4, part (1985).
32. The Use of AI in Animal Improvement in the Arab Region. W.K. Al-Murrani. J. of Agric. & Dev. in the Arab World. Vol. 5, part 2: 54-62 (1986).
33. Geographical Map of Contagious and Infectious Diseases in the Arab World. W.K. Al-Murrani, J. Agric & Dev. in the Arab World, Vol. 4, part 3 (1985).
34. Arab Agriculture Dictionary as Means of Technology Transfer. W.K. Al-Murrani. Presented in the conference of Arabanization in Amman, 1985.
35. Prospects of Improving Applied Agricultural Research in Iraq. W.K. Al-Murrani, Proceeding of the Conference on Applied Agric. Research, SRC, Baghdad, 1985.
36. Evaluation of Purebred, Crossbred and Local Cattle in the Arab World. W.K. Al-Murrani, J. Agric. & Dev. in the Arab World, Vol. 4, part 4 (1985).
37. Connecting Higher Studies with National Development Plans. W.K. Al-Murrani, Presented for the 1989 meeting of the Arab University Union, Amman, Jordan.
38. A Study on Utilizing the Experiences of Experts Worked for Regional or International Organizations, W.K.Al-Murrani. Presented to the Ministry of Higher Education Iraq (1989).
39. A Study on Reasons of Failures in Higher Studies in Iraq. W.K. Al-Murrani. Presented to the Ministry of Higher Education, Iraq (1987).
40. An Organizational Structure for Higher Studies in Iraq. W.K. Al-Murrani. Presented to the Ministry of Higher Education, Iraq (1989).
41. The Use of Science and Technology in Developmental Plans. T. Alnaimi, W.K. Al-Murrani. Presented to the Meeting on Science and Development. Sudan (1990).
42. Analyses of Research Plans of 1986-1990 in Baghdad University. W.K. Al-Murrani. Presented to the Ministry of Higher Education, Iraq (1990).
43. Principles of Biopathology (Translation into Arabic- Joint Group efforts), 1991. Pub: University of Baghdad, Iraq.
44. The Inheritance of HB and TF types and its Relation with some Production and Adaptive Traits in Cattle. W.K. Al-Murrani, Y. Al-Timimi. Proc. 0f the 4th World Cong. on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, Edinburgh, UK, (1990).*
45. The Hygienic Properties of Raw Milk produced in Baghdad. A.Hameed, W.K. Al-Murrani (M.Sc. thesis, 1988).
46. Prospects of Developing Camel Production in the Arab Region. W.K. Al-Murrani., Proc. of the 1st Iraqi Conference on Camel Production, (1988).
47. Sheep Nutritional Requirements according to Morrison Standards in Iraq. S. Al-Tikriti & W.K. Al-Murrani. The Iraqi J. of Vet. Med, Vol. 12:337-344 (1988).
48. Genetic Resistance of Iraqi Native and White – Leghorn Fowl to Eimeria tenella. W.K. Al-Murrani & S. Al-Dulaimi. IPA J. Agric. Sci. (1996), Vol. 6 No. 1.*
49. Resistance to Heat Stress in Local Iraqi and Euro bred Hisex- brown Chickens. W.K. Al- Murrani, A. R. Al-Khalidi, M. H. Injidi. IPA J. Agric Research, Vol. 4, No.2 (1994).*
50. A Suggested Program for Sheep Improvement in Iraq. W.K. Al-Murrani. Presented to the Ministry of Agriculture, Iraq (1990).
51. A Suggested Plan for Improving Dairy Cattle Production in Iraq. W.K. Al-Murrani. Presented to Ministry of Agriculture in Iraq (1990).
52. Strengthening Agriculture Research Management in Iraq. Al-Murrani (team leader). Prepared for AOAD, ISNAR, UNDP (1991) in English.*
53. Some Aspects of Genetic Resistance to S. typhimurium in Native Iraqi and White-Leghorn Chickens. W.K. Al-Murrani, H. Hameed, Z. G. Abdul Gani, A. H.Omran. Dirasat (Science Part), Vol. 22 No. 2, 1995 (Jordan).*
54. Animal Production in Arab World and Prospects of Improvement. W.K. Al-Murrani. Proc. of Conference on Red Meat Production. Page: 170-184. The Arab Union of Scientific Research Centers, Jordon (1992).
55. Channeling Higher Studies Research Activities to National Development Plans. W.K. Al-Murrani. Proc. of the Conference on National Research Management, the Arab Union of Scientific Research Centers, Baghdad: 1-16 (1992).
56. The Heterophil / Lymphocyte Ratio as a Selection Criterion for Heat Resistance in Fowls (1997). W.K. Al-Murrani, A. Kassab, H. Z. Al-Sam and A, Al-Athari. Brit. Poult. Sci., Vol. 38, No. 2: 150-163, (1997).*
57. Technical and Economic Evaluation for the Use of A. I. versus Embroy Transfer in Cattle. W.K. Al-Murrani, J. of Agric. Develop in Arab World, Vol. 3: 33-39, (1995).
58. The Best Policy for Animal Production. W.K. Al-Murrani. J. of Agric. Develop in Arab World. Vol. 4, No. 2:4-9 (1998).
59. The Neutrophil/ Lymphocyte Ratio as an Indicator and Selection Criterion for winter and Summer Stress in Sheep. W.K. Al-Murrani, A. H. Al-Dairi, A.R. Al-Rawi. Iraqi J. of Agric.pp: 133-143. (Proc. of the 3rd Sci. Conference on Agri. Res. 5-7 Feb. 2000).*
60. The Adaptive significance of Hemoglobin types in different animal species. W.K. Al-Murrani. Iraqi J. of Agric. Vol. 5 No. 1:144-149 (2000)*.
61. New Approach for the Calculation of the Cut-off Point (value) in Immunological and Diagnostic Tests. W.K. Al-Murrani, Amirah Al-Shummari, A. Al-Obaidi, A.M. Mustafa. Iraqi J. of Microbiology, Vol. 12 No. 1:1-9 (2000).*
62. Heterophil/ Lymphocyte Ratio under High and Low Temperature as a Selection Criterion for Immune Response against Newcastle Antigen in Chickens. Kassab, A.K., H. H. Elaiwi, W.K. Al-Murrani. IPA Journal of Agric. Res., Vol. 10 No. 2:184-187 (2000).*
63. Changes in Leukocytic Counts in Resistant and Sensitive Groups of Chickens Selected on the Bases of the Heterophil/ Lymphocyte Ratio. Al-Murrani, W.K., Al-Rawi Ibtisam, K., and Raof Nidhal Mehdi. Presentation in the 4th Cong. for Iraqi J. Agric. Res. Vol. 7, No.:1 (2001).*
64. The Inheritance and Distribution of Blood Potassium Level in Iraqi Awassi sheep. Al-Murrani, W.K. Iraqi J. Vet. Med. Vol. 25, No. 2:92-98 (2001) Journal.*
65. Genetic Resistance to Salmonella typhimurium in two lines of Chickens on the Bases of Heterophil/ lymphocyte Ratio. Al-Murrani, W.K., Al-Rawi Ibtisam K., Nidhal Roaf Mehdi. Brit. Poult. Sci., (2002), Vol. 43, No. 4 (501-507).*
66. Grouping into Resistant and Sensitive on the Bases of the Heterophil/ Lymphocyte Ratio for Genetic and Immunological Studies. Al-Murrani, W.K., Iraqi J. Biotech,Vol.4,No.1:144-150 (2005).*
67. Heterophil/ Lymphocyte Ratio during postnatal stage in Chickens Al-Murrani, W.K.., Al-Azzawi, T.S., Al-Mosawi, and A.H. Presented for Pub., British Poultry Science (2005).
68. The Relation between N/L Ratio and some production parameters in Friesian bulls. Al-Rawi ,A.R., Al-Murrani , W.K. , Al-Hamdawi, A. IPA J. Agric. Res. , No. 1, Vol. 13, (2003).
69. The Relation between N/L Ratio and some production traits in sheep. Al-Rawi, A.R. , Al-Murrani, W.K., Al-Hamdawi, A. IPA J. Agric. Res. , No. 1, vol. 13 , (2003).
70. Animal Genetic Resources in Iraq. FAO study (2003), Al-Sherifi, Sawsan, Al-Murrani, W., Al-Kass, J., Al-Rawi, A.A.*
71. Association between Heterophil/Lymphocyte ratio, a marker of “resistance” to stress, and some production and fitness traits in chickens. Al-Murrani, W.K., Al-Rawi, A.J., Al-Hadithi, M.F., and Al-Tikriti, B. British Poultry Science, Vol. 47, No. 4 (August 2006) pp. 443-448.*
72. Problems of sampling in Epidemiological and disease surveillance studies. W. Al-Murrani. US Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF) Seminar on: Infectious diseases, zoonosis and disease surveillance in Iraq. Jordan (16-20 July 2006). *
73. The effect of feed restriction on some physiological traits in pure lines of chickens selected on the bases of Heterophil/Lymphocyte ratio. Al-Murrani W K and M. Al Hadithi (PhD thesis- supervision 2006).